The University of Glasgow offers Advanced Entry for some of its programmes. Applicants who achieve exceptional grades in their Advanced Highers, A-levels or International Baccalaureate may be considered for Advanced Entry, meaning that an Honours degree can be completed in three years instead of the normal four years, or four years for five-year integrated Masters programmes.
This list shows the degree programmes where this option exists. Indicative grades that must be attained in order to be considered are shown on programme pages. Applicants who require further information on this should contact the Admissions Team.
- Celtic Civilisation
- Celtic Studies
- Comparative Literature
- Classics (Classical Civilisation)
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- English Language & Linguistics
- English Literature
- Film & Television Studies
- History of Art
- Scottish History
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Systems
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Design Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering with Aeronautics
- Product Design Engineering
- Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry
- Environmental Geoscience
- Human Biology
- Human Biology & Nutrition
- Marine & Freshwater Biology
- Molecular & Cellular Biology
- Molecular & Cellular Biology (with Biotechnology)
- Molecular & Cellular Biology (with Plant Science)
- Physics / Theoretical Physics
- Physics with Astrophysics
- PhysiologyPhysiology & Sports Science
- Physiology, Sports Science & Nutrition
MA (Social Sciences)
Each application for advanced entry is considered on a case by case basis. For further information on requirements, please email: email@example.com.
The University of Glasgow offers Faster Route for Computing Science and Software Engineering BSc and MSci.
Applicants to Computing Science or Software Engineering degrees who attain exceptional grades in their Advanced Highers, A-levels or International Baccalaureate may apply for Faster Route. Attending additional classes enables the four-year BSc Honours degree programme to be condensed into three years, or the five-year MSci degree programme into four years.
Unique Faster Route Computing UCAS codes should be used when submitting applications. In the event that we are unable to accept your Faster Route application, but you meet the year 1 entry requirements, you will automatically be made an offer without needing to submit an additional application.